Connecting Researchers | Enhancing Collaboration | Informing Policy | Empowering Stewardship
The Lake Erie and Aquatic Research Network (LEARN) is a group of field stations, scientific laboratories and diverse researchers within Ohio working together to promote collaborative research, education and networking to address the challenges and opportunities facing Ohio’s freshwater resources.
What We Do
LEARN provides access to:
- research expertise for consultation and collaboration;
- opportunities for collaborative grant writing including collective identification of funding opportunities and research needs;
- research facilities, ship time, equipment, and research scheduling;
- workshops and professional development opportunities;
- specialized course offerings and workshops;
- interfacing with resource managers/policy makers;
- stakeholder group events to increase dissemination of individual and network research efforts;
- a LEARN research coordination calendar, collection of research summaries , member biographies.
Who Is LEARN?
Researchers from nearly 20 Ohio institutions have assisted in the development and activities of LEARN. LEARN membership is open to any individual at academic institutions and government/public agencies supporting the goals and objectives of LEARN.
In principle and in practice, the Network shall value and seek a diverse and inclusive membership. All people, regardless of age, color, race, gender, creed, sexual orientation, class, ethnic origin, national origin, geographic region, disability or impairment, shall have the right of full participation in the Network.