The successful candidate will join our Mariculture Research Team to
assist with our Section’s work with marine stock enhancement, aquaculture nutrition, and
applied fisheries research programs. Specific duties will include laboratory and field
research, data collection and analysis, biological sample collection and data management,
preparation of reports and presentations, authoring technical manuscripts, coordination and
supervision of team personnel, proposal preparation, and budget management. Some
projects will include work on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Job Type: Staff
- Application deadline: 03/21/2023
- Organization: South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
- Qualifications: Applicants will be required to have an Ph.D. degree in biology, marine science, or a closely related field. Individuals should have demonstrated abilities to conduct applied fisheries and applied ecology research including experimental design, sample collection and processing, data acquisition, management and analyses, manuscript and report preparation. Experience with recirculating and/or extensive culture systems preferred. Publication record and experience required; successful grant funding record preferred. Applicants must also have knowledge of current stock enhancement issues and challenges and the capability to work independently as well as effectively on teams. Strong communication, quantitative, organizational, computer, writing and inter-personal skills required. OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Valid SC driver’s license, a copy of driving record, and ability to gain access to the Hollings Marine Laboratory are required. Applicant must have dependable transportation and a satisfactory driving record. A current CV is requested to supplement the required state application.
- How to apply: Submit a state application and letter of interest via the SC State Job Website (https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/jobs/3668905/assistant-marine-scientist)
- Location: Charleston, SC
- Web address: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/jobs/3668905/assistant-marine-scientist
South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
Charleston, SC, US