Associate Scientist – Fish Ecology, Southern Illinois University – Fisheries & IL Aquaculture Center
Position Summary: Lead a funded research team conducting aquatic ecology research focusing on the movement and distribution of invasive bigheaded carps in the Illinois, Wabash, White, and Ohio Rivers. The position is a full-time, twelve-month term contract and can be extended depending on performance and available funding.
Duties and Responsibilities: Oversee a funded research project including sampling of bigheaded carps and native fishes, conducting research-grade echo-sounding surveys, monitoring acoustically tagged fishes, and collecting ecological data across a broad geographic scale. Assist students and technicians with data processing and analysis. Publish research results in the peer-reviewed literature and agency reports. Participate in stakeholder meetings, supervise researchers, present at national conferences, and assist in proposal development.
- Job Type: Staff
- Application deadline: 06/15/2023
- Organization: Southern Illinois University - Fisheries & IL Aquaculture Center
- Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: PhD in ecology and natural resources, with field experience. Strong record of publishing in the peer-reviewed literature. Statistical and data curation skills. Budgeting contracts and grants. Ability to work in an inclusive team. Preferred Qualifications: Post-doctoral experience. Analysis of hydroacoustic and/or fish movement data. Experience with ecological modeling.
- How to apply: Please visit jobs.siu.edu to create an account and apply
- Location: Carbondale, IL
- Web address: https://jobs.siu.edu