Biological Scientist I, The University of Florida Tropical Aquaculture Laboratory
Conduct research on multiple projects involving a wide range of aquaculture species and topics including live feed production, fish health management, larval rearing, broodstock management, water quality management, fish nutrition, pest management, and aquatic ecology. Cultivate, breed, and grow specimens for study and observation or for use in experiments.
Convey research findings and observations to assist extension and research faculty, and assist with instructing graduate students in methods or procedures.
Maintain and, as instructed, modify aquaculture facilities (i.e. tanks and ponds) and scientific equipment using mechanics, plumbing, carpentry, and other skills.
Collect and maintain accurate laboratory records that record research methods, procedures, and results; prepare and maintain research findings, summaries, logs, and notes.
This is a Time-Limited position.
- Job Type: Staff
- Application deadline: 06/04/2023
- Organization: The University of Florida Tropical Aquaculture Laboratory
- Qualifications: Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Biology or a closely related life science field. Preferred: A bachelor’s degree in biology, marine biology, aquaculture or a closely related field and two years of relevant experience. A masters degree in an appropriate area and one year of appropriate experience. Previous experience culturing microalgae and live feeds is highly desirable. Ability to organize and independently carry out field and laboratory research; working familiarity with the fundamentals of quantitative analysis.
- How to apply: Visit website: https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/526849/biological-scientist-i
- Location: Hillsborough, FL
- Web address: https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/526849/biological-scientist-i