Call n. 10/2023 – Announcement of public selection for the recruitment of 9 staff units in the profile of Data Scientist / Technologist (full-time, 2-year employment contract) in the broad field of high performance computing (HPC) applications for oceanography.
Proven ability is required within topics related to: management and/or use of computing systems and networks, information technology, computational applications and software development, parallel computing, implementation of technologies for digital twins and data science.
- Profile 1: 5 positions in the field of computational applications and software development, scientific programming, parallel computing and implementation of technologies for digital twins (TeRABIT project).
- Profile 2: 2 positions in the field of computational applications and software development, numerical methods, parallel computing, data analysis and management, visualization systems and digital twin technologies (iNEST project).
- Profile 3: 2 positions in the field of management and use of high-performance computing and cloud systems related to the upgrade of the PRACE-Italy Tier-1 system (TeRABIT project; workplace: Cineca, Bologna).
More information (in Italian):
- Job Type: Staff
- Application deadline: 05/04/2023
- Organization: National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics - OGS
- Qualifications: We are looking for scientists and technologists with proven capacity, good planning skills and the ability to work efficiently and with high levels of energy, initiative, internal motivation, and capability to operate both independently and as part of a team. You will have enthusiasm, the willingness to exploit your skills in ocean sciences and to do research for the benefit of communities, pursuing sustainable growth, and seeking the opportunity to develop your career. You will be able to actively participate in the R&D activities of collaborative research projects and have a desire to become a future leader in your field. We expect that your skills and qualifications include: - as a minimum education requirement, a University Degree (MSc or equivalent) in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines, e.g., Physics, Mathematics, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Sciences; - good experience in computational sciences or statistics, with knowledge and proven use of scientific programming languages or advanced software environments (e.g. Fortran, C, Python, Matlab, R); - a PhD (or 3-year equivalent experience) in any topic involving computational science and/or data-driven approaches to the activities covered by the call will be considered advantageous.
- How to apply: Visit website in description above.
- Location: Italy
- Web address: