Great Lakes Regional Marine Debris Coordinator for NOAA
Ann Arbor, MI; Duluth, MN; Chanhassen, MN, United States
Lynker is currently seeking to hire a talented individual to serve as a Great Lakes Regional Marine Debris Coordinator for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Office of Response and Restoration (ORR) Marine Debris Program (MDP). This individual will work with NOAA’s Marine Debris Program (MDP) (www.marinedebris.noaa.gov), which is headquartered in NOAA’s Silver Spring, Maryland offices.
The Great Lakes Regional Marine Debris Coordinator position will be located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Duluth, Minnesota, or Chanhassen, Minnesota.
ORR (www.response.restoration.noaa.gov) is a program office in the National Ocean Service that responds to threats in order to protect and restore coastal resources. To do this, ORR provides interdisciplinary scientific response to releases of oil, chemicals, contaminants, and marine debris as well as protects and restores NOAA trust resources.
- Oversee and/or provide support to marine debris related projects, activities, and actions in the Great Lakes region, which includes Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, and the Great Lakes shorelines in Pennsylvania, and New York.
- Support the planning and implementation of the Great Lakes Marine Debris Action Plan.
- Coordinate with federal and state partners in the region on marine debris issues.
- Participate in meetings, workshops and media events related to marine debris efforts in the region.
- Provide expertise and oversight for MDP-funded projects, including conducting associated environmental compliance work.
- Identify opportunities and participate in outreach and educational events with the public, school groups, and industry partners focused on prevention of marine debris.
- Give presentations and participate in Congressional briefings in the region related to marine debris.
- Job Type: Staff
- Application deadline:
- Organization: Lynker
- Qualifications: Qualifications: Master's in biology or environmental science or related field. If the candidate does not have a Master's then an undergraduate degree in biology or environmental science or related field with significant work experience and understanding of marine debris issues. Strong verbal and writing skills. Experience working on and leading interdisciplinary teams. Strong analytical and technical skills. Self-motivated, energetic, and strategic thinker. Ability to work independently and in teams. Experience working in the region or the federal government is preferred.
- How to apply: Apply on website: https://www1.jobdiva.com/portal/?a=1gjdnws1na2bwrh6xfwo01amv7cukq097bn9e5bdavn68l2x7r3926oji81spvb5&compid=0#/jobs/23574871 We request that you include a Cover Letter with your application/Resume. Please either include your cover letter in the same file as your resume, underneath of your resume; OR once you have Applied by Creating/Using an Account with Lynker, you may upload a Cover Letter within your user profile.
- Location: Location: Ann Arbor, MI; Duluth, MN; Chanhassen, MN, United States Onsite Flexibility: 50% Remote
- Web address: https://www1.jobdiva.com/portal/?a=1gjdnws1na2bwrh6xfwo01amv7cukq097bn9e5bdavn68l2x7r3926oji81spvb5&compid=0#/jobs/23574871