What we do:
At the Ohio Lake Erie Commission, our primary goal is to protect the environment and public health. We do this by ensuring compliance with federal and state environmental laws.
What we need YOU to do:
The Ohio Lake Erie Commission wants you to be our newest program administrator in Cuyahoga County.
See? We piqued your interest.
As program administrator, you will provide program direction by acting for the executive director and by relieving the administrator of the most difficult administrative and technical duties for the Ohio Lake Erie Commission’s (OLEC) Area of Concern (AOC) program. You will serve as the program manager providing programmatic direction to the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (OEPA) Division of Surface Water’s (DSW) water quality staff and to the local AOC Advisory Committees and Facilitating Organizations.
You are going to prepare budgets for federal implementation projects, restoration work plans and set annual and multi-year goals and objectives for the AOC program, while overseeing the budget preparation and administration of program subgrants. You are going to manage AOC staff at the OLEC and will formulate and implement AOC program policy and procedures on behalf of the administration to ensure compliance with state and federal program requirements.
You will track and monitor all program activity and prepare progress reports to Agency directors and to the Governor’s Office, while also coordinating with multiple state and federal agencies to communicate all Ohio AOC efforts with U. S. EPA’s Great Lakes National Program Office (GLNPO). You are also going to administer Lake Erie Protection Fund (LEPF) and federal grant programs and manage the fiscal aspects of grants, while also preparing budgets and ensuring grant recipients adherence to state and federal procurement rules and regulations.
We threw a lot at you, there. Here are the high points.
-Serves as Program Manager providing programmatic direction to agency staff and to the local AOC Advisory Committees and Facilitating Organizations.
-Manages AOC staff at the Lake Erie Commission.
-Provide program direction for GLRI work in Ohio, Lake Erie Protection Fund (LEPF), Lake Erie Protection & Restoration Plan, Lake Erie outreach and other work.
- Job Type: Staff
- Application deadline: 11/30/2023
- Organization: Ohio Lake Erie Commission
- Qualifications: 5 yrs. trg. or 5 yrs. exp. in business administration, management or public administration. -Or completion of undergraduate core program in business administration, management or public administration; 36 mos. trg. or 36 mos. exp. in supervisory, administrative &/or managerial position. -Or completion of undergraduate core program for academic field of study commensurate with program area to be assigned per approved Position Description on File; 36 mos. trg. or 36 mos. exp. in supervisory, administrative, managerial &/or staff position involving planning, research &/or policy/procedure development. -Or 1 yr. exp. as Program Administrator 2, 63123. -Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above. Job Skills: Program Management, Professional Skill: Customer Focus Knowledge of business administration, management science or public administration; supervisory principles/techniques; public relations; employee training & development; budgeting. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; develop complex reports & position papers; handle sensitive face-to-face contacts with public & government officials; establish friendly atmosphere as supervisor of work unit.
- How to apply: https://dasstateoh.taleo.net/careersection/oh_ext/jobdetail.ftl?job=23000B6X&tz=GMT-0500&tzname=AmericaNew_York
- Location: Remote
- Web address: https://dasstateoh.taleo.net/careersection/oh_ext/jobdetail.ftl?job=23000B6X&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York