The Ohio Lake Erie Commission seeks proposals for Lake Erie Protection Fund awards to address
priorities of the Lake Erie Protection & Restoration Plan.
The Lake Erie Protection Fund was established to:
a) Fund cooperative research, data gathering, or demonstration projects related to the
priorities outlined in the Lake Erie protection and restoration strategy
b) Encourage cooperation within the Lake Erie basin; and
c) Develop and implement projects and programs that are designed to address
priorities outlined in the Lake Erie Protection and Restoration Plan
The Lake Erie Protection Fund grant program (LEPF) awards grants to achieve the priorities set
forth in the 2020 Lake Erie Protection & Restoration Plan (LEPR). The LEPR outlined nine Priority
Areas. The 2020 Lake Erie Protection and Restoration Plan reflects the state of Ohio’s strategic
priorities for to protect, preserve, and restore Lake Erie and its watershed, as well as to promote
economic development associated with Lake Erie.
In 2023, the LEPF will award up to $50,000 per grant recipient with a focus on collecting data to
support program efforts for two Lake Erie Protection and Restoration Plan Priority Areas; Habitat
and Invasive Species. In particular, there is interest in projects to assist with Lake Erie Quality
Index (LEQI) components related to either the Coastal Wetlands or Invasive Species metrics.
Additional funding may be considered depending on the scope and outcomes in each proposal.
- Job Type: Other
- Application deadline: 04/17/2023
- Organization: Ohio Lake Erie Commission
- Qualifications: Who is eligible. Local and regional jurisdictions, educational institutions, and non-governmental organizations may apply. Private entities or individuals are not eligible to apply. Please read the grant application instructions thoroughly for all eligibility requirements.
- How to apply: How to Apply: The application can be found at the Ohio Lake Erie Commission website at Lake Erie Protection Fund Grant. All applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com The application submittal will include: 1. Applicant information. 2. Proposed budget and budget narrative (Projects should not exceed a total project budget of $50,000). If additional funding is needed to complete the scope, please explain. 3. Project narrative.
- Location: Ohio's Lake Erie Watershed
- Web address: https://lakeerie.ohio.gov/funding-oportunities/protection-fund/available-grant