Field Technician Duties: Assist with fisheries research programs aboard Lake Erie research vessels; collect biological samples from harvested fish; record data in lab and field (lengths, weights, sex, maturity, and processes diet samples); examine sport and commercial harvest for tags; collect age/length data from angler-caught fish; age fish by otoliths; perform water quality, benthic, habitat and hydroacoustic sampling; assist with facility/vessel maintenance.
Work Hours: 40 Hours/Week (may include long days and occasional weekends); 700 hrs. maximum duration.
Positions Available: 1 – Fairport Harbor
Position Duration: Open immediately, 4-5 month duration.
Deadline: Open until filled.
To apply, send email and resume to:
Ann Marie Gorman
1190 High St. Fairport Harbor, OH 44077
- Job Type: Field technician
- Application deadline:
- Organization: Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Division of Wildlife
- Qualifications: The ODNR Division of Wildlife is looking for applicants to assist with Lake Erie fisheries assessment and research projects. We are seeking motivated individuals that excel working both independently and in a team environment, have demonstrated an interest in a career in fisheries management, and have strong inter-personal skills. Preference will be given to applicants that have completed a B.S. or B.A. in Fisheries, Natural Resources, or related field. Applicant must be: -A minimum of 18 years old -A holder of a valid driver’s license
- How to apply: To apply, send email and resume to: Ann Marie Gorman: Ann.Gorman@dnr.ohio.gov
- Location: Fairport Harbor, OH
- Web address:
Ann Marie Gorman