Cooperative Institute for Severe and High Impact Weather Research and Operations (CIWRO) research themes: 1) weather radar and observations research and development; 2) mesoscale and storm-scale modeling research and development; 3) forecast applications improvements research and development; 4) subseasonal to seasonal (S2S) prediction for extreme weather events; and 5) social and
socioeconomic impacts of high-impact weather systems. Applicants must identify a potential advisor from OU or any of the consortium partners (HU, PSU, TTU, UA) in their narrative and are highly encouraged to contact that advisor to receive guidance when drafting a research proposal. The CIWRO website https://ciwro.ou.edu/past-present-future-research.php?research_type=present has more information on
projects underway within these research themes as well as contact information for CIWRO scientists and consortium partners working on these themes.
- Job Type: Other
- Application deadline: 01/31/2023
- Organization: Cooperative Institute for Severe and High Impact Weather Research and Operations (CIWRO)
- Qualifications: Successful applicants must have obtained a Ph.D. after 31 July 2018; proof of a Ph.D. is required before assuming the post-doctoral position, but those in the final stages of Ph.D. dissertation completion are also highly encouraged to apply provided a finish date before July 31, 2023 is anticipated.
- How to apply: Submit electronically: (1) a curriculum vitae; (2) a list of all products (e.g., referred articles, patents, technology transfers, licensed software, etc.) generated over the course of their career; (3) a cover letter which includes the expected start date and any non-standard resources that might be needed to complete the proposed work; (4) a brief proposal (no more than 4 pages, double-spaced, excluding the list of references and figures) describing the work to be pursued during a 2-year tenure with CIWRO with the potential advisor from any of the CIWRO institutions identified; and (5) a list of three references. In addition, applicants should request that their referees directly send their reference letters to CIWRO at the email address listed below before the application deadline.
- Location: University of Oklahoma, Howard University, the Pennsylvania State University, Texas Tech University, or the University at Albany
- Web address: https://ciwro.ou.edu
ATTN: Peter Lamb Postdoctoral Fellowship n/a
The University of Oklahoma
120 David L. Boren Blvd Norman, OK 73074 US