Salary: $48,000 annually, full time, excellent benefits
Appointment Duration: 12 months (with possibility for extension) with anticipated start date of February 2024
The Pflug and Boyer labs in the Chemistry Department at SUNY ESF are seeking a highly motivated and independent postdoctoral researcher with expertise in organic synthesis to work on an exciting project in collaboration with the National Research Council Canada aiming at the development of certified reference materials of anatoxin-a and its congeners. The postdoctoral researcher will be responsible for the total synthesis of anatoxin-a and related congeners as well as expanding anatoxin-a monitoring methods to include these additional congeners.
- Total synthesis of anatoxin-a and related congeners
- Expansion of anatoxin-a monitoring methods to include these additional congeners
- Collect, prepare, and analyze experimental and spectroscopic data
- Write reports and scientific publications to be submitted to high-impact scientific journals
- Assist in supervising graduate and undergraduate students
In accordance with the “Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act” institutions of higher education are required to prepare an annual report containing information on campus security policies and campus statistics. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by SUNY-ESF; and on property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a printed copy of this report by contacting SUNY-ESF University Police at 315-470-6667 or by accessing the following web site: https://www.esf.edu/safety/annual-security-reports.php
SUNY ESF is a Smoke and Tobacco Free campus and is dedicated to providing a healthy and safe environment for the entire campus. For more information you can visit our Tobacco and Smoke Free Policy at https://www.esf.edu/employees/policies/policy-smoking.php
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy-related conditions, reproductive health decisions, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, familial status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, prior arrest or conviction record, genetic characteristics/genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, military status or service, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
SUNY-ESF and the Broader Community
ESF is a specialized college within the 64-campus SUNY system, and a Carnegie R2 “High Research Activity” Institution that consistently earns high rankings in US News and World Report, Forbes, Princeton Review, and other national college guidebooks. With a total enrollment of about 2,200 undergraduates and 400 graduate students, combined with the immediate proximity of Syracuse University and Upstate Medical University, ESF provides an intimate, small-college atmosphere within a vibrant, large-university setting. ESF’s extended campuses include more than 25,000 acres of forest properties, both close to Syracuse and across the Adirondack Park, which provide numerous opportunities for experiential coursework, research, and public outreach. For more information, see https://www.esf.edu/
Located on the eastern edge of the Finger Lakes region, Syracuse is a small city in a rural region offering a diversity of natural and cultural amenities, a low cost of living, and a high quality of life – ranking among the top 10 percent of “Best Places to Live” in “The Places Rated Almanac.” Syracuse is situated with easy access to New York City, the Adirondack Park, Lake Ontario, and many other points of interest in the eastern United States and Canada. For Syracuse visitor information, see: https://www.visitsyracuse.com/
Application Deadline: Although applications will be accepted until the position is filled, candidates should submit their application by January 20, 2024 for optimal consideration.
Application Procedure: Application materials are required to be submitted on-line. Submit a cover letter, a resume, and contact information for three references online.
- Job Type: Post-doc
- Application deadline: 01/20/2024
- Organization: SUNY Environmental Science and Forestry
- Qualifications: Requirements: Required Qualifications: PhD Degree in Chemistry or a closely related field At least 3 years of demonstrable experience in organic synthesis Demonstrated experience in characterizing organic compounds by MS & NMR Ability to work independently in an exciting, high-paced environment and possess a strong passion for (and commitment to) interdisciplinary research. Demonstrated experience in supervising undergraduate and/or graduate students ESF is the premier US institution focused solely on the environment with excellent capabilities for state-of-the-art organic synthesis. Researchers have access to world-class facilities and instrumentation, including an analytical services complex that includes two new Orbitrap high-resolution mass spectrometers and 600- and 800-MHz nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometers.
- How to apply: Apply on website: https://esf.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=170095
- Location: Syracuse, NY
- Web address: https://esf.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=170095