Our research aims to better understand anglers who fish for food and rely on fishing for food in the Great Lakes. The project is led by Dr. Vivian Nguyen at Carleton University. We are currently hiring Research Assistants (RAs) to conduct fieldwork around Lake Ontario and Erie.
RAs will assist with surveying anglers at different fishing sites.
Hired RAs will receive training on conducting interviews. RAs can expect to learn about human dimensions of recreational fisheries and gain interview skills. RAs will need to work 2-3 weeks per season over a year. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Both undergrad and grad students are encouraged to apply.
- Job Type: Research Assistant
- Application deadline:
- Organization: Institute of Environmental and Interdisciplinary Science, Carleton University
- Qualifications: Skills and Interest: Comfortable with surveys or interviews; Interest in the Great Lakes recreational fisheries; Interest in food security and fisheries nexus; Basic interpersonal skills
- How to apply: Please send your CV to Claire Crowley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: We are recruiting for the following areas: 1) Toronto/Hamilton/St. Catharine's, 2) Toledo, 3) Cleveland, 4) Buffalo/Rochester, 5) Detroit/Windsor, 6) Kingston
- Web address: https://socialecology.ca/