Position Summary: The Center for Fisheries, Aquaculture, and Aquatic Sciences is seeking a coordinator for our aquatic research facility used by aquaculture and ecology faculty, graduate students, and industry partners. The facility includes over 15,000 square feet of recirculating wet lab space and a 100-acre plot of 90 research ponds plus a 10-acre research lake. This individual will oversee the operation of the facility with assistance from students and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities: Ensure the maintenance and function of all aquatic systems, arrange seasonal care of facilities, and care for fish and other aquatic organisms. Develop and oversee an annual budget for the facilities. Organize and manage activities of staff and students in the facilities. Assist the Director and Center faculty in developing revenue streams to help support the facility infrastructure and activities.
- Job Type: Staff
- Application deadline: 06/15/2023
- Organization: Southern Illinois University - Fisheries & IL Aquaculture Center
- Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: Must have a bachelor's degree in biology, aquaculture, ecology, biology, fisheries, natural resources, or related field. Valid driver's license. Ability to work long hours. Ability to work in adverse environmental conditions. Demonstrate organizational skills and high attention to detail. Preferred Qualifications: M.Sc. or equivalent in aquaculture or aquarium management. Ability to write grant proposals and successfully procure external funding from stakeholders.
- How to apply: Please visit jobs.siu.edu to create an account and apply
- Location: Carbondale, IL
- Web address: https://jobs.siu.edu