We are accepting applications for a Environmental Specialist 1 within the Office of Coastal Management, assigned to Erie county. The address is 2514 Cleveland Road East, Huron, Ohio 44839. To learn more about the Office of Coastal Management please visit https://coastal.ohiodnr.gov.
What you will do:
Assist with the implementation of the Reserve’s System-Wide Monitoring and Sentinel Site Programs to evaluate changes in the health and distribution of natural resources.
Collect geospatial data and provide GIS and mapping support to the Reserve.
Develop and implement habitat management and restoration plans for terrestrial and aquatic coastal ecosystems.
Design and conduct scientific research to inform the management of coastal natural resources.
Make recommendations for on-site stewardship actions and education events to promote public awareness, understanding and appreciation of natural resources.
- Job Type: Staff
- Application deadline: 04/17/2023
- Organization: Old Woman Creek National Estuarine Research Reserve, Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Qualifications: 3 years of training or 3 years of experience in a position involving engineering or chemistry, physics, biology, environmental science, geology, hydrogeology, earth science &/or urban and regional planning &/or other comparable physical or health science field &/or mathematics &/or history &/or archaeology (i.e., latter two subject areas pertain to positions only in Department of Transportation) which included responsibility for determining environmental & economic effects of environmental pollution or inspecting proposed & existing industrial water pollution pre-treatment &/or abandoned industrial facilities to determine existence of public health &/or pollution problems &/or other facility or site inspections & investigations to determine compliance with state &/or federal environmental control regulations. Training &/or experience must be commensurate with duties to be assigned. -OR completion of an undergraduate core program in engineering, chemistry, physics, biology, environmental science, earth science &/or urban & regional planning, geology or other comparable physical or health science field or mathematics, history or archaeology with education commensurate with duties to be assigned. Note: For all positions engaged in field work, applicants must be able to provide own transportation. New employees in EPA's solid waste program, excluding those in the solid waste planning unit, must obtain a sanitarian-in-training certificate during their probationary period. -OR equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above.
- How to apply: https://dasstateoh.taleo.net/careersection/oh_int/jobdetail.ftl?job=2300035E&tz=GMT-0400&tzname=AmericaNew_York
- Location: Huron, Ohio
- Web address: https://dasstateoh.taleo.net/careersection/oh_int/jobdetail.ftl?job=2300035E&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York