As a Supervisory Biologist, you will perform the following duties:
- Supervise administrative and fishery data management staff conducting research and monitoring on fish and fisheries in the Eastern Pacific Ocean.
- Provide vision and direction to division staff to effectively coordinate research on highly migratory and coastal pelagic species.
- Lead operations efforts for the division, including but not limited to planning and executing the budget according to priorities by using contracts, grants, and other procurements.
- Provide division leadership continuity and vision when Division Director is out of office.
- Perform the full responsibilities of a supervisor including but not limited to planning, scheduling, assigning and directing work of others; explaining work requirements, methods, and procedures; evaluation of work performance; hearing and resolving complaints; and recommending appointment, promotion, and/or reassignment of staff.
- Job Type: Staff
- Application deadline: 12/11/2023
- Organization: NOAA, NMFS
- Qualifications: Requirements Conditions of Employment This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel Systems (CAPS). This system replace the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZP-4 is equivalent to the GS-13/14. Key Requirements: Applicants must be U.S. Citizens. Suitable for Federal employment, as determined by background investigation. Selectee may be subject to serving a one-year supervisory probationary period. More requirements are listed under Qualifications and Other Information. Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov) This position is not in the bargaining unit. Relocation and/or Recruitment Incentives may be authorized. A background investigation will be required for this position. Continued employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination. Throughout the recruitment and hiring process we will be communicating with you via email; therefore, it is imperative that the email address you provide when applying for this vacancy remains active. Should your email address change, please notify the point of contact identified in the vacancy announcement as soon as possible so that we can update our system. Qualifications Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at: https://www.opm.gov/policy. BASIC REQUIREMENTS: This position has a positive Education Requirement in addition to at least one year of Specialized Experience OR combination (if applicable) in order to be found minimally qualified. Transcripts must be submitted with your application package. You MUST meet the following requirements: SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience need not have been in the federal government. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies; knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position requires the submission of a Financial Disclosure Form, OGE-450. To qualify for the 0401 series: BASIC REQUIREMENTS: This position requires applicants to meet the Basic Education Requirement in addition to at least one year of specialized experience OR substitution of education for experience OR combination (if applicable) in order to be found minimally qualified. Transcripts must be submitted with an application package. You MUST meet one of the following basic education requirements: A. Degree: biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position. -OR- B. Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education. To qualify at the ZP-4 or GS-13: SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to meeting the Basic Requirements above, applicants must also possess one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the ZP-3 or GS-12 in the Federal service. Specialized experience MUST include all of the following: Experience communicating research; examples include developing reports or giving presentations. Experience planning projects which may include activities such as writing proposals, developing or executing budgets.
- How to apply: Apply on website: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/761906500
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Web address: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/761906500