Resources and facilities will support research from molecular to ecosystem levels of organization. The successful applicant is expected to develop and maintain a nationally recognized, extramurally-funded research program that provides opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students, and other research team positions (such as post-doctoral researchers) as appropriate. The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to the Department’s teaching mission at both the graduate and undergraduate level in core areas of Organismal Biology, and other courses depending on individual expertise and departmental needs. The successful applicant will also contribute to departmental and university service. The department is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their teaching, research, and service, to building and sustaining an equitable, diverse, and inclusive academic community. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in Biology or related discipline, have postdoctoral experience or other professional research experience at the time of appointment, and strong potential for excellence in teaching.
- Job Type: Faculty
- Application deadline: 10/31/2022
- Organization: Department of Biology and Marine Biology, University of North Carolina Wilmington
- Qualifications: Desired areas of expertise within the broad umbrella of Organismal Biology include, but are not limited to, Marine Mammals or other Marine Megafauna, Conservation Biology, Movement Ecology, Anatomy and Physiology, and Evolutionary Biology.
- How to apply: Online
- Location: University of North Carolina Wilmington
- Web address: https://jobs.uncw.edu/postings/26132