The Department of Biological Sciences at Kent State University seeks TWO post-doctoral research associates to join a broad-scale data-intensive wetland research project. Come work in a collaborative environment and contribute to development of synthesis, new quantitative methods, and solutions-oriented environmental science. The project is funded by the Great Lakes Research Initiative and candidates will work with a treasure trove of data and people from the H2Ohio Wetland Monitoring Program to assess the impact of dozens of wetland restoration projects on nutrient biogeochemistry and pollution.
We request applicants submit a CV and letter of application. If you have questions about either position please email Dr. Lauren Kinsman-Costello directly at email@example.com. Application review will begin on January 16, 2023.
Position 1: Integrated Nutrient Budgeting for Wetlands: What are the key metrics we need to understand how a wetland is working? How often and where do we need to take measurements to build the most complete picture? This project is primarily supervised by Lauren Kinsman-Costello (firstname.lastname@example.org, https://laurenkinsmancostello.weebly.com/)
Position 2: From Management to Ecosystem Responses: How do we predict what kinds of interventions will work when we make management decisions? Which outcomes are associated with different manipulations? This project is primarily supervised by David Costello (email@example.com, https://costellolab.weebly.com/)
- Job Type: Post-doc
- Application deadline: 01/27/2023
- Organization: Kent State University
- Qualifications: A PhD in Ecology, Data Science, Statistics or a related field (or other related terminal degree, for example: MLIS in data science). Strong history of collaborative scientific work. Supervision experience. Experience with the creation of scientific products. Strong aptitude for programming (R and/or Python).
- How to apply: We request applicants submit a CV and letter of application.
- Location: Kent, OH
- Web address: https://laurenkinsmancostello.weebly.com/opportunities.html