The McCluney and Michaels Labs (https://blogs.bgsu.edu/mccluneylab/ and https://blogs.bgsu.edu/michaelslab/) are seeking 5 undergraduate/recently graduated students (2023) as research assistants on a wetland plants and water quality program that is part of the H2Ohio Wetlands initiative (https://h2.ohio.gov/). Pay is $12 per hour, 28 hours per week with work starting in May and continuing through August, with the possibility of extending into the fall semester depending on school obligations. Internship credit eligible.
● Efficient workers who pay attention to details, work well independently & in teams, follow directions and ask follow-up questions when making decisions
● Ability to walk 2 miles through tough, uneven and weedy terrain carrying field equipment (quadrats, GPS units, rulers, soil corers, etc.), and to be able to traverse wetlands in waders and jon boats
● Ability to stay positive and effective during long and hot days in the field
● Willingness and flexibility to work an irregular schedule dictated by the weather (possibly including occasional weekend and overnight travel)
● Experience and/or coursework in botany, ecology, biology, environmental sciences, rangeland sciences, agriculture, geology, soils, or related field
● Experience with dichotomous keys and/or the ability to identify wetland plant species in the region
● Experience working in field or laboratory environments
● Experience with electronic field data collection devices and software (GPS units, handheld tablets, GIS, and ESRI’s Survey123 and Field Maps)
We have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and highly encourage members of groups underrepresented in science to apply. To apply, send a resume/CV and cover letter to both Lauren Brown and Ewan Isherwood, at: LNBrown@bgsu.edu, Eisherw@bgsu.edu
- Job Type: Research Assistant
- Organization: Bowling Green State University
- Qualifications: See above.
- How to apply: To apply, send a resume/CV and cover letter to both Lauren Brown and Ewan Isherwood, at: LNBrown@bgsu.edu,Eisherw@bgsu.edu
- Location: Bowling Green, OH