The Lake Erie Center (LEC) in Oregon, Ohio is hiring a wetland sensor specialist. The sensor specialist will join a team of wetland researchers based at the LEC and will collaborate with a broad spectrum of colleagues as part of the Lake Erie and Aquatic Research Network’s (LEARN) H2Ohio Wetland Monitoring Program. The sensor specialist will work closely with the wetland sensor coordinator and others to design, construct, install, and maintain environmental sensor networks at several wetlands across northwest Ohio. As part of the LEARN group, the specialist will enjoy many opportunities to learn about the ecological functions of wetlands, help solve unique technological challenges, and gain enhanced technical skills in sensor networks.
- Job Type: Field technician
- Application deadline: 01/31/2023
- Organization: UToledo Lake Erie Center
- Qualifications: Required Qualifications: BS/BA or MS (preferred) in a natural science or engineering field. The specialist will assemble sensor components into complete sensor systems, therefore experience with electronic circuitry, soldering, wiring, and simple coding are required. The specialist will also fabricate and assemble mountings for wetland sensors, therefore experience with hand power tools is necessary. Installing and maintaining sensor networks requires working outdoors in conditions that are occasionally hot or cold, wet, muddy, or on rough terrain, therefore ability to work safely outdoors in challenging conditions is required. Experience with topographical and bathymetric maps, ability to assist with report writing are recommended.
- How to apply: Please contact Dr. Thomas Bridgeman for instructions on how to apply online and upload documents at University of Toledo employment portal. The University of Toledo is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer.
- Location: 6200 Bayshore Rd. Oregon, OH 43616
- Web address: https://www.utoledo.edu/nsm/lec/